S1 E1 Cuttle Buddy
Have you ever wondered what happens when robots gain sentience? Take a dive deep under the ocean with us as we develop a story and discuss giant psychedelic cuttlefish, free will, photosensitive programming, and that pesky thing called creating a plot. No scuba gear required, but you might want to keep an eye out for Fish of Unusual Size.
Today’s Prompt Systems:
The Very Short Story Starter: 101 Flash Fiction Prompts for Creative Writing by John Gillard
What’s Been Inspiring Us Lately:
- Venus is not currently water-wet
- Vampire “Death” Squid
- SeaQuest DSV (More than we remember about SeaQuest! Also, you can watch it on Peacock!)
- Boxer Crabs
- Cuttlefish use their flashing skin to hunt (and reprogram robots, according to our podcast) (video)
- Programming Bacteria With Light—Sensors and Applications in Synthetic Biology
- The Prey of Gods by Nicky Drayden
- Ex Machina (trailer)
- “When someone asks you if you are a god, you say yes.” (video)
Subscribe: Anchor | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Castbox | Pocket Casts | RadioPublic | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Music: Cherryblossom by Raptorface is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives.
Support Us on Patreon
We’re committed to keeping Story Kernels both free to download and free of outside advertising. Neither of those things is contingent on the relative success of the Patreon. (But the success of the Patreon sure helps make other things easier!)
Our Patreon helps cover the costs of hosting, production, equipment maintenance and upgrades, and additional materials, and gives us the resources to add features and content. Click the button to visit our page and subscribe!
Thanks for your support!